11.2.09

Fizzy Shit

I am in two minds as to whether this is a prank to see how many designers rant (as we like to do) but what the hell. Here’s my two cents.
If you are slow on the uptake a leaked brand manual for Pepsi had made its way onto the web. I heard about it form the always interesting Ben Terrett. Holy crap! What a blast. It is well worth downloading yourself and have a read (get it here). See if you can keep that smirk off your face.
Apparently “The Pepsi DNA finds its origin in the dynamic of perimeter oscillations.” It that what drawing circles on top of curvy lines is? I get it. No, wait. It thought it was just doodling. “The Pepsi DNA finds its origin in the dynamic of doodling.” There, that makes more sense.
To compare, what I believe is a weak re-brand that had tried far too hard, to a universal constant like GRAVITY, yup that mysterious force that governs the entire universe, shaping everything, even Hawkins struggles with it, to compare the effect of Pepsi’s new doodle to that of gravity it just fucking insane. Oh well, it got me. Have a read yourself and see what you think. Then tell me if you have an uncontrollable urge to go out and deliberately buy something else just to prove a point. Gravity, you ain’t got control over me, watch me fly.
Don’t even get me started on their new understanding of the golden ratio…

No comments: