23.8.05

Faith in humanity

My faith in humanity has been restored. This morning I left my wallet on the bus, but failed to realise until noon. The usual frantic panic, tearing handfuls of hair out as I tried to retrace my footsteps. Having canceled my c/cards (which was actually pretty easy, considering I didn't have a drop of identity on my I made my way to the bus Xchange. At the bus terminal I asked whe little old ladies behind the counter if any kind citizen had handed anythgin only to be told that lost property on buses went to the bus company not the bus station. It proved harder than I imagined to suggest that maybe, just maybe the passangers didn't know this and maybe had handed it in to someone else. Without a word of warning a little lady popped her head up from behind a counter and siad that someone had handed a wallet in to one of the colleges on the other side of town, and it might just be mine. A hop and a skip through town and I was reunited with my trusted pocket-sized identity. To the mystery person who so honestly handed it in a HUGE THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thopught I had left a message about tying your wallet to your belt loops! Sandy

Anonymous said...

you're assuming I was wearing trousers at the time. Cas