30.8.05

Queenstown snowboadring

A long weekend behind me and some great snowboarding too. Ken, Jane, Ross, Ronja and I headed to Queenstown in pursuit of the all too elusive snow. We spent Thursday night outside Wanaka in the back of our respective cars/tents before descending on Cardona. The snow was OK, but after 2 hours i was cursing my brand new boots and the pack they had made with the devil. I was ready to burn them and send them back to the firey pits from which they were spawned until I swapped insoles and beat the life back into them.

Basing ourselves in Q/town in the Black Sheep b/p was a good plan, as was a repeat trip to Cadrona the following day with 10cms of fresh. Bright and shiny days for all.

It is remarkable how little snow the Remarkables has received, and remarkable how shit the ski field is, and remarkable how much it costs, and remarkable haw grumpy the staff are. I will not go back. Never. I know that they cannot control the elements (no matter how like gods they might think they are), but they are in the service industry, selling good times. For some reason or another I cannot enjoy myself there. Everything is wrong about the place, including the terrain. I will spend my money elsewhere.

Like on the Luge! So much fun. Everytime.

Top weekend guys. Thanks for sharing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am jealous. Bastard. But then I get free trips to Gt Barrier, Kawau, Rangitoto, Hokitika, Fox and ChCh in the next 10 days so I mustn't be selfish and greedy. Hope to see you in ChCh weekend after next.

Ka kite,
Tony

Anonymous said...

Hi Caspian!

Finally found your website..very impressed, sounds like you are having an amazing time..even if it is snowing!
Hope you come over at Christmas or soon as I haven't seen you for about 6 years now!! I have grown so much!
Hope you're well,

lots of love

your cos Lucy xxx