21.1.09

Mac on fire


This afternoon I was alarmed to discover the power adaptor for my MacBook Pro was on fire. As one would be. Especially as I was plugged in and working at the time. Imagine if I had stepped out of the room for a few minutes and not seen and smelt the acrid stench of burning metal and plastic. I’ll readily admit that my MBP is one of the ‘old’ ones (three years), but not, as far as I was aware one of the ‘they-set-themselves-on-fire-ones’.
Naturally I ring Apple customer support in Australia and half an hour later I am assured that they are glad I am alright and there was no further damage to the me or my property and a new adaptor will be couriered over pronto. Thank you Apple. Great service skills all round.
I guess I won’t be working for a few days though…

No comments: