18.6.06

24 hours cursing Microsoft

I have just spent 24 hours cursing Microsoft. How can anything be SO complicated and yet so stupid? The reason: reinstalling Windows on my PC as it was off to new pastures (I have replaced it with the MacBookPro, which is a just what I dreamed it would be). What with a swathe of viruses swooping in as the version of XP Pro (pro what, I am now asking myself) was pre service pack 1 (let alone 2) left it wide open for all of half an hour and the attack was astounding. Whatismore you can't even re-register your operating system from non-Explorer sites, which we all know, is an unsafe browser, as I found out. So that is it. No more Windows. EVER. Big ups to Eyre for sticking it out last night. Great to see you and Catherine. Next time I am sure it will be warmer. This winter is going to be a long one.