21.2.05

Twizel Helibike Challange.

My second go at this awesome downhill race. Not that I was actually going to go all guns blazing downhill, as I was still coming to terms with SPDs, and knowing exactly how nuts part of the course was may have slowed me a little, rather that the pedal to the metal aproach of last year… 42 mins not sure if I was fater than 2004, but this time I didn't stop to take photos. Happy enough.
Blazingly good weather all weekend. Ronja and I shacked up in a wee bach on the edge of Lake Alexandrina. As old school as a bach should be. Forget power, forget hot water, and all your other mod-cons. This was even more grass-roots than my place in St Arnaud all those years ago. Great fun the whole weekend. Even when my car broke down. Even when I realised that I would never be an olympic rower, and if it was up to me I'd still be out on the lake going round and round in circles.

No comments: