4.10.04

Step away from the vessel

Quite whose idea it was to drive to Timaru on Saturday night for a party is a mystery to me. I think I ought not to make decisions when I am holding drink in my hand (an am holding a few more inside me). "Step away from the vessel"
Not that it wasn't a good idea really. I just haven't been feeling Bristol recently. There is some kind of plague going around this island right now and I might just have caught a whiff of it (thanks to contagious Sian, our resident petri-dish). As a result I called it a night just as the night brought its friends to the party. It was good to get out of town even if only for a few hours – a break from the endless Annual Report that has been clutching at my legs like a sticky child, spreading chocolate over my shins with soggy fingers. 1 more day of it then I can be myself once more. And sleep. Yes, sleep would be nice…

No comments: