16.12.03

mommy nature

Another weekend in the boosom of mommy nature. People might start to talk... A day trip to the new Muller Hut in Aoraki. More of a half day really, but only if you take 6 a.m. on Saturday seriously. Blazing sunshine beating down on Tony and I once more. The rumble of avalanches on the Muller Glacier nearby, which, if you were lucky, you could actually see. Speed geography, much more exciting than the stuff I remember from school. There was a fair bit of snow too near the top, a welcome treat. Nothing at all serious, but great to see again. not so great was the trauma I was experiencing in my achilles, a side effect of the conflict between my boots and my foot. Not so great to prevent us from reaching the summit of Mt Olivier, or dancing the night away in Timaru (the cocktails did help), but I haven't worn shoes since.
Christmas is just around the corner. For all of you whom I will be seeing in London in the coming weeks: see you very soon; for all those I won't: have a great one won't you. I hope you all get just what you want, and a little bit extra too.

No comments: